Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

July "I Believe" Challenge" - Day 17 & 18

I'm behind, I'm busy, and I am feeling pressed.  Maybe I'll come back to these topics later - but here's a quick glance for the moment.

Day 17 - Law of Attraction - Without some research I'm not sure I can say what I think about this.  On one hand - I think what and how we think makes a huge difference in our lives.  On the other hand, I grew up with a "reverse prosperity" gospel that said anything bad that happened in life was a result of a flaw or mistake or - let's call it what they did - SIN.  And I think that theology is damaging.  So taking the reciprocal law of attraction that thinking and doing good will bring good comes a bit hard to me.  Life happens.  We play with the hand we are dealt. How we think about that hand makes a difference in our reactions.  And dreaming big propels us forward.  But I don't think it happens effortlessly.

Day 18 - Love.  This topic deserves so much more than I have to give it today.  It's the foundation for everything.  But the words are not coming for me.  So I'm going to point to something so eloquent and beautiful that it took my breath away this morning.  Love = Tenderness - yes?  Thanks Julie Daley.

No comments:

Post a Comment