Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

July "I Believe" Challenge - Day 19: Luck

Lucky me... it's my birthday!  Woo hoo.  Or not.  Because I have a slight digestive system malfunction that has left me a little less than energetic today.  What rotten luck.

Really?  Luck?  Don't think I believe in it much, although my perspective shifts.  Luck is random.  Most of the time, I'd rather chalk things up to synchronicity - which really isn't very random at all.  While I'm not one to subscribe to a divine puppeteer who constantly pulls all our strings to make things work out according to plan, I do think that there is an underlying pattern and force to the way things work.  And that unusual events in our lives just might have some meaning behind them we need to explore.

Did I happen upon Dani and this challenge by luck?  Doubt it.  But then again, I don't really believe in just wishing good things our way either.  Where I've finally landed right now allows me to acknowledge that there are so many things I just don't understand and accept that I may not ever understand them.  But I can be grateful for the good and stand firm in the face of the not so good, and live THIS MOMENT of my life to the best of my ability.  The more conscious and aware I become, the better choices I am able to make, the more I can act instead of react, and the better luck I seem to have.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shucks, I missed your birthday? Happy, happy birthday to you! I hope you were feeling much better by the end of the day yesterday...

    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete