Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

July "I Believe" Challenge - Day 16: Living in the Now

Truly hearing the laughter, stopping to look my children in the eyes, and joining in.

Feeling the heat from the sun on my skin and noticing the difference stepping into the shade.

Meeting my lover as he comes in the door with a warm embrace rather than a distracted glance or worse yet a running commentary of the ills of now's already past.

Smelling the freshness and feeling the thick fluffiness of towels as I fold them.

Savoring the scent of spices as they simmer.

Reveling in the dirt sifting through my fingers in the garden.

Being with someone, looking through her eyes to her very souls, as she tells her story.

Feeling the pain and not running away.

Giving in to the urge to reach out and make physical contact with someone.

Saying how I really feel.

Loving without expectation or reservation.

Knowing there is no other moment except this one.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I can see and feel all these things...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...no other moment except this one."

    Powerful and challenging.

    ReplyDelete