Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July "I Believe" Challenge - Day 14: Laughter

Laughter rang through my house today.
The contagious laughter of two girls, one little, one tottering on the verge of grown.
I love the way their eyes twinkle.
I love the way their faces crinkle.
I love the un-contained breath and sound, coming from deep inside their bodies.
I can't help but laugh with them.  And they know it.
They wield laughter as a tool, elegantly, effortlessly, effectively.
And their giggles multiply with the number of heads bent together - the more the merrier.
I love the laughter of my children.  It rings with the sound of life.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. One of my deepest pleasures in life is hearing my children laughing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you familiar with The Actor's Studio with James Lipton? One of his standard questions at the end of his interviews is, "What is your favorite sound?" And I've always thought that if I were there, as a brilliant actress (in my dreams), I would answer, "The laughter of my daughter."

    I think it's a spectacular, warm, giddy sound.

    ReplyDelete